The Kallang Airport or Aerodrome was first built as a civil international airport in Singapore in June 1937. It was then on the eastern shore of the Kallang Basin. It was facing the waterfront which meant that there was also anchorage for seaplanes. The airport played a vital role during WWII. By 1950, there were plans to expand, but due to space constraint here, the airport moved to Paya Lebar and the last plane landed at Kallang Airport in 1955. While most parts of the airport were demolished, the main hall still remain and is conserved.
|camera||Canon EOS 7D Mark II|
|exposure mode||full manual|