But more on the background again. In 1913, the King’s Dock was opened here, which then became the second largest dock in the world. The Queen’s Dock followed in 1956. The then government observed that the ship repair industry was generating significant employment as well as income. The Port of Singapore Authority PSA was formed in 1963, which took over ship repair activities at the Keppel Harbour. With its 1996 move to Tuas, the freed up real estate became prime land that was redeveloped as a mixture of luxury waterfront residential community, swanky office blocks and a marina wth a clubhouse. A 250m long stay cable connect the Keppel Island to the mainland.
|camera||Canon EOS 450D|
|exposure mode||aperture priority|