The mill is known to have existed since 1677, when it was used to grind corn. It was expanded in 1750, however by 1928, the mill was losing ground to competition. It also did not help that during WWII, it suffered extensive damage. Soon it was a ruin and only used by local children as a playground. In 1984 it was decided to tear it down, however nearby residents who disagreed, set up a foundation to save the mill. From 1990 to 1993, the mill was renovated. Around the same time, a distillery was looking for a place and they moved in, naming it the Ijsvogel for three kingfishers observed building their nests in the vicinity.
|camera||Canon EOS 7D Mark II|
|exposure mode||full manual|