The Aurora was built in 1845, previously at a different location. Fearing increased competition, the then owner of the mill, sold this mill to a brewer in Baexem, by the name of Canoy. It later passed to his son, and in 1918, to Jan Winkelmolen. After his passing away, it was run by his widow until 1930. It was purchased by the baker, Grubben, who was performing maintenance works on the vanes, when they suddenly started to turn. In panic, he jumped and did not make the fall. The mill was then sold by his widow to the municipality. In 1968, the Aurora moved to its current location and opened in 1971 after much restoration.
|camera||Canon EOS 7D Mark II|
|exposure mode||program mode|