The current mill was built in 1800 (the main timbre column bears an inscription to that effect) in nearby Meijel . There was already a mill there and to avoid competition, it was sold to Lodewijk Pennings of Kessel and since 1878, it has occupied this location on the Roode Eggeweg. Toon Gastreich bought the mill in 1943 and had the mill repaired; he was also the one who christened the mill Sint Anthoniusmolen. During WWII, the mill was heavily damaged by German artillery from across the river Maas. The municipality of Kessel became the owner of the mill in 1955.
|camera||Canon EOS 7D Mark II|
|exposure mode||aperture priority|