On this site, a church was constructed in 1236 in Romanesque style. In 1460, a new church was built on this site in Gothic style. In 1872, yet another church was built on this spot in neo-Gothic style by the architect Pierre Cuypers. During WWII, the Maas served as a border between the Netherlands and the advancing German forces. Since the church was on the side accessible to the Allied forces, the tower was heavily bombed until it collapsed over the church building. It was restored in 1948.
And here is cycling past De Grauwe Beer (featured some posts earlier).
|camera||Canon EOS 7D Mark II|
|exposure mode||program mode|