Around the Piazza del Campidoglio is the Palazzo Senatorio, the Palace of the Senators. Originally built in the 11th century as a fortress, it was rebuilt several times in the centuries in between and the current design is a slightly adapted version of the sixteenth century design by Michelangelo. The grand staircase leading up to the Palazzo bears the statues on either side of the Nile (left) and the Tiber (right). Michelangelo died in 1564 so he did not see the realization of his vision. Today the City Hall opccupies a place here.
|camera||Canon EOS 7D Mark II|
|exposure mode||aperture priority|