Around 1895, the Hainanese community in Penang established a temple and dedicated it to the Sea Goddess, Mazu. The original temple was built in 1870 at Lebuh Gereja, before it moved to its current location on Lebuh Muntri. The construction for the new temples was sponsored through public donations. It also functioned as a community association and is sometimes also referred to as the Hainan Clan Association. Craftsmen were brought in from China for restoration work in the 1990s.
|camera||Canon EOS 7D Mark II|
|exposure mode||full manual|