A side shot of the Church of St Teresa on Kampong Bahru Road. Officially opened in 1929, today it is gazetted as a national monument. In the 1920s, there was a need for a new church in this area as the port (not very far from here) had a growing population of port workers. Land was bought in 1925 and construction was complete in 1929. The website states the architecture to be of the neo-Byzantine-style churches and the look was inspired by the Basilica of the Sacred Heart in Montmartre, Paris (which is not this view though). This could have been a contribution of a French missionary, Fr Emile Mariette, associated with the church during the early construction.
|camera||Canon EOS 450D|
|exposure mode||aperture priority|